Have you ever felt like your bathroom light fixtures need to be thrown in the trash, but you’re too afraid to do something about them?
If you’re normal, that answer is yes.
Here’s the good news
Anyone and I mean anyone, can replace an old drab bathroom light fixture.
Today, I’ll share several tips I’ve learned over the years that I wish someone would have told me about.
Lets’s dive in!
How to Change Bathroom Light Fixtures
Light fixtures are pretty simple to change out.
But you do need some tips to do it safely. Here’s a good checklist to help you get started:
- Turn off the power at the breaker or fuse box
- Take off the olf glass sconces and light bulbs
- Unscrew the old fixture’s nuts
- Remove the fixture and test the electrical wires with a voltage detector
- Undo the hot wires, then neutral wires, and finally the ground wire
- Replace the old mounting bracket with the new one
- Wire the ground wire from the light to the mounting bracket
- Wire the neutral wires then the hot wires
- Add the light to the wall and secure it with the decorative nuts
- Add the sconces, tighten the sconce nuts and insert LED light bulbs
- Turn on the power at the breaker box and enjoy the fruits of your labor
This step by step tutorial will show you how to swap out your old fixture for a new one.
Bathrooms also need GFCI outlets – so don’t forget to install a GFCI in all your bathrooms.
If you’re doing a bathroom remodel and need help, join one of our online courses – they’ll make your bathroom renovation much easier!
Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to help.
Thanks as always for reading, watching, and being part of our awesome community.